Integrating generative AI into research presents a compelling value proposition.
If SEOs figure out how to adopt this technology effectively, it could revolutionize the industry and fundamentally change how people interact with search.
Although there are still some concerns about the accuracy of content generated by AI, as well as omissions that take some information out of context, the SEO expert Eric Eng He explained that technology continues to be a great tool for creative inspiration and time saving.
Here’s a summary of how you can use generative AI to drive your technical SEO strategy, as provided by Enge at SMX Advanced.
One of the impressive aspects of ChatGPT is its proficiency in programming, according to Enge. It is to explain:
- “Chat GPT gives you a very good starting point for your code. Sometimes, there can be some bugs and need to be debugged, but it’s a really good place to start – and that’s how I recommend you use it.
- If you are using it to generate schema notation, remember that it is just a starting point. So make sure you have someone who knows how to read the schema notation to validate it. Using generative AI only speeds up the process.
Engy shared an example scenario where generative AI was used to create it hreflang Tags for different web pages:
- “I had four different languages. It gave a bunch of signs and they all looked very good. This is an example of how[generative AI]can help speed things up for you.
Generative AI produces accurate results when used for translation purposes. Angie said:
- “I used it to translate keywords from English to French and it produced a really powerful set of results.”
- “This kind of thing can really help from an operations standpoint or speed up your business processes because these are fairly common applications.”
4. Implement .htaccess rules
Inge added that generative AI can also be used to help speed up the process of executing htaccess rules:
- “If you have someone who says they are a GoogleBot, but they are not from one of the Google IP addresses, that’s generally not a good thing. I honestly don’t know what harm can come from it, but there is no good that will come from it. So you can block those.” .
- “You can routinely do a search to find people who do this to you and then block them. And that’s a very good thing to be able to do.”
Eng recommended using Generative AI to get creative inspiration for title tags —but he stressed that SEO should also take into account other factors before publishing anything:
- “I came up with a bunch of great addresses as possibilities to use. It’s great for brainstorming but I’d recommend applying search volume analysis as well because we don’t have that data from ChatGPT yet.”
- “But what this technology allows us to do is just get some idea of what we want from the title from the user’s perspective — that’s an important perspective to bring.”
When generative AI is used in creation Meta descriptionsAdditional prompts can adjust the result until you are satisfied with it. Ng added:
- “I just kept throwing these little wrinkles at her and made appropriate suggestions for six different identifying descriptions.”
- “The best way to create a meta description is to create something that compels the user to want to click – because we know it has no effect on ranking. So we want to make it attractive to the user so that they have an understanding of what they will get if they click on the result. Generative AI can be used To generate examples that may be closer to what we might want to use.
7. Summarize the content
Inge said that generative AI is accurate when summarizing content because it does this task only with the content you entered, leaving no room for confusion, date omissions, or misinformation:
- “It’s a great tool for summarizing content because there are no hallucination issues.”
Get the daily newsletter that search marketers depend on.
8. Keyword grouping
Angie also shared his examples using ChatGPT prompts for compilation and aggregation Key words to groups. he added:
- “It did really well — though not perfect — at ranking the list of keywords and combinations based on the search intent of the business transaction.”
- “However, for grouping keywords into groups based on their relevance, ChatGPT did a really good job. In fact, I’d say they were 100% accurate with the answers they gave me.”
9. Content assistance
Generative AI is also a useful tool for generating content ideas. You can ask ChatGPT to generate a list of FAQs related to a topic to get a list of potential article ideas:
- “You can use this technique when you are just starting to create a new subject area on your site. You still need to hire a subject matter expert to go over the details and certainly don’t assume that the list they give you is exhaustive.”
- “However, it can speed up the brainstorming process and I think that’s an interesting aspect of this tool.”
Watch: Using ChatGPT to Drive Technical SEO
Below is the full video of Enge’s SMX Advanced presentation.