Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust prides itself on providing innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by adhering to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and more than 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients with leading technology and exceptional service.
The Wealth Management Senior Trust Advisor role manages complex relationships with clients in the wealth management space and delivers high quality fiduciary services. The Partner takes primary responsibility for overall customer satisfaction as Relationship Manager by collaborating with the service team and appropriate NT resources to ensure timely delivery of high quality credit service, problem resolution, effective communication of customer needs with partners, and coordination with the customer’s professional advisors to achieve this. Define and implement consulting solutions.
- Manages the account base assigned to Wealth Management clients by working with the client service team, clients and their professional advisors to develop a comprehensive understanding of the client’s needs and objectives. Displays comprehensive knowledge of governing documents and account agreements. Demonstrates deep knowledge of fiduciary duties and applicable laws, including trust and tax law, estate planning techniques, financial planning, asset management, and prudent investment principles. Seeks continuous development of fiduciary and advisory skills through training and experience.
- Primarily responsible for leading life based wealth management client conversations. Provides proactive advice to clients on NT products/services, emerging issues, regulatory/tax changes, and appropriate actions for the client. Combines technical knowledge, fact-finding and analysis to develop advice-based solutions for clients. Explains complex concepts to clients in an informed manner using non-technical terms. Maintains working knowledge of various NT resources and uses fiduciary knowledge, experience and NT resources to identify opportunities to enhance relationships.
- focused customer service with responsiveness, diplomacy and tact; Proactively contact the client through written and verbal communication at the appropriate frequency. Demonstrates excellent time management skills.
- Builds and maintains knowledge of NT fiduciary standards and practices, and applies fiduciary knowledge and judgment to fiduciary relationships. Understanding of and compliance with internal policies, processes and procedures to achieve prudent risk management and governance. Recognizes credit risk issues and seeks appropriate solutions.
- Cultivates relationships with referral sources and external professional advisors to build the business; Identifies and develops new business opportunities. Participates in community and professional organizations representing NT. Identifies opportunities to display NT expertise and thought leadership.
- Travels to meet with clients as and when required considering revenue, new business opportunities, or service requirements.
- Informs and directs less experienced partners. Provides leadership on projects and fiduciary committees. Work collaboratively with internal partners and external professional advisors in identifying clients’ needs and goals and developing advice-based solutions for clients.
- A seasoned multidisciplinary professional with extensive technical and/or business knowledge and functional experience
- The focus of the role is to implement the strategic direction of the business functions activities
- Executes complex initiatives involving multiple disciplines and/or ambiguous issues
- Displays a balanced, cross-functional perspective, communicating with business to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity.
- Candidates must have 8 or more years of experience as a Relationship Manager in Trust Management, Estate Management, Estate Planning or related areas.
- Knowledge of credit and financial products and services, usually gained through relevant work experience, is required to manage client accounts.
- Technical knowledge of investments, taxation, law, and operations typically acquired through formal education or related experience is required to serve clients.
- Knowledge of fiduciary standards, principles, applicable laws and regulations usually gained through training, seminars or law school is required to manage accounts.
- Negotiation, problem-solving, delegation, leadership and sales skills are essential to serving the customer relationship.
- Leadership and organizational skills are required to define business unit objectives, resources needed, and to assess and develop employee skills.
- JD, CFTA, and/or CFP or MBA highly preferred.
- Proof of success in business development and excellent customer service skills is also required.
Work with us:
As a partner of the Northern Trust, even greater achievements lie ahead. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative working culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that encourages us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can be proud to work for a company committed to helping the communities we serve! Join a workplace with greater purpose.
We’d love to know more about how your interests and experiences can fit into one of the most impressive and sustainable companies in the world! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please email our Human Resources Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’ll be excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand that flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve more.