What is TCS CodeVita?
TCS CodeVita is one of the worlds largest Coding Contest organised every year by Tata Consultancy Services Limited.
The main objective of this contest is to identify passionate coders across the globe and sharpen their programming skills through some real-life computing practices.
TCS wants to promote coding as a Sport via this contest by offering job opportunities to the budding talent.
Advantages of TCS CodeVita:
TCS is one of the leading organizations, to promote the programming culture and make students aware of the same. The company has already organized many successful editions of CodeVita. There are several benefits of this contest:
- Students can showcase their programming skills and can compete across the world.
- Contest rewards the Global Rankings based on your performance.
- Total prize money of $20, 000/- to the top 3 coders.
- One gets various career opportunities as well in TCS.
Isn’t it very exciting to get an opportunity to work with one of the leading IT companies?
Eligibility Criteria for TCS CodeVita:
If there is such a big world wide contest there are obviously some eligibility criteria or some prerequisites:
- Students from institutes across the world passing out in recent years are eligible for the CodeVita contest.
- Under Graduates/Post Graduates related to Engineering & Science background in any domain are eligible.
How to Register for TCS CodeVita?
STEP 1: Visit the Campus Commune portal and click on the ‘Register‘ link for CodeVita.
STEP 2: Then, you’ll be redirected to the Login Page where you are required to enter your login details, if you’ve already registered. If you are a new user, you’re required to sign-up on campus commune and NextStep portal and then proceed for the further registration process.
STEP 3: After the login process, you need to click on the ‘Confirm Registration’ link.
STEP 4: After clicking on Confirm Registration and verifying your mobile number, you’ll be registered successfully for the CodeVita contest.
Now pull up your socks and start preparing yourselves for the TCS CodeVita Contest.
Test Pattern of TCS CodeVita:
CodeVita is a coding contest that consists of 3 major rounds:
- Pre-Qualifier Round: It will be an online coding contest in which the participants need to solve the questions within 6 hours. Meanwhile, there will be two zonal rounds for the Pre-Qualifier Stage in India. Moreover, the participants will be tagged to a particular contest zone based on the form details.
- Qualifier Round: The Qualifier Round will take place on a particular day for both Indian and other students. The top performers in the zonal rounds will be promoted to this qualifier round. In this round, each participant is provided with 6 hours to solve the questions. It will be an Online Test.
- Grand Finale: It will be the final round where the top performers from the second round (Qualifier round) will participate. It will be held in one of the TCS offices in India. The Top 3 contestants in this round will be declared as winners of the contest. Also, the winners will receive a total cash prize of $20,000.
Some Practice Rounds are organised to familiarize themselves with CodeVita. This is an optional, but highly recommended round to participate in.
- MockVita 1 & MockVita 2:- MockVita are equivalent in difficulty levels to CodeVita. Quite likely MockVita will repeat questions asked in previous seasons of CodeVita.
How to Prepare for TCS CodeVita?
Problems asked in TCS CodeVita are basically focused on algorithms and data structures ,so to solve those problems you need to have a clear knowledge of what datatype and which data-structure should be used to solve any given problem. You can take reference from various websites to solve the problems. One can Code in whichever programming language they feel comfortable with like: C, C++, C#, Java, Perl, PHP Python, Ruby, etc. There will be MockVita 1 & MockVita 2 before the contest begins. MockVita comprises of some selective previous CodeVita season questions, you prepare through them as well. Other options to prepare for it are: CodeChef, HackerRank, SPOJ etc.
You are advised to cover several topics more intensely that are listed below:
- Introduction to Data Structures
- Searching & Sorting
- Binary Tree & Binary Search Tree
- Dynamic Programming
- Greedy Algorithms | Divide and Conquer
- Practice programming questions from basic to advanced level